If you asked me in 2011, where I saw myself at this exact point in time, I would have painted you a very vivid and different picture of today's reality. In 2011, I had my life for at least the next 4-5 years clearly planned. I was applying to Michigan State to enter their Ph.D. program in Kinesiology with the intent of becoming a Sport Psychologist and, in my mind, I was getting accepted. I knew that the research for my dissertation would be on the "Psychological impact on athletes returning to competition following serious injury". During that 4-5 years it would take me to complete the program, I would continue working at Central Michigan University and commute to Lansing for classes. I would graduate by 2016, and pursue my next career. That was my plan.

Fast forward to March of 2012 - The letter from MSU arrived stating that my research interest was not a good match for their program and I was not admitted. I'd be lying if I said that at that time, I was crushed. Suddenly, I was lost. My 4-5 year plan was in the trash as quickly as my rejection letter. For quite some time, I didn't quite know what I was going to do. I found myself going through the motions, trying to figure out what to do and figure out my new plan...Did I abandon the Ph.D. idea altogether? Is it what I really wanted to do? What was my next step? If this wasn't it, what was God's plan for me?

Enter running the Tough Mudder in April and, eventually, 12 more mud and obstacle races through December of 2012. Suddenly, I wasn't concerned with my plan at the time because I had found a distraction that I loved and had a passion for. As you may have read in how "Run to Remember" developed, it came to me while driving back from the Super Spartan Mid-west, as what I deemed at the time, a completely insane idea. I took the idea to some people much smarter than I when it comes to philanthropic endeavors (Thank you Tim Otteman, Lori Irwin, Shawna Ross, Marcie Otteman, and Betty O'Neill), and they encouraged me to run with it. So I did.

Fast forward to today, and less than a month after publicly launching "Run to Remember" the response has been more than I ever imagined. The money already donated and pledged, the stories pouring in from people I know and don't know about how Alzheimer's has touched their lives, the support from all angles - individuals, companies, and media - has been overwhelming and honestly, quite unexpected. I knew I would need this all to happen in order for this to actually come to fruition, I just never imagined it would happen so quickly and months before I run the first of 100 races.

It's at this point that I feel this is what God had planned for me. As disappointed as I was that my plan didn't pan out as I expected, His plan is much better and more The year of races has yet to begin, but the progress made since it started as an idea in my head in late October, and the overwhelming response and support from everyone so far since launching publicly on March 11th, makes it evident that He is with me every step of the way and putting amazing people in my life to support it.

Sure I had my plan, but it's clear to me now that it wasn't His. I have no idea what the next year will hold exactly, but my complete trust is in God. I'm excited to see how His plan unfolds.

Comments

07/06/2014 11:08am

runtoremember.net good article

10/04/2014 5:54pm

Our country has a government department, who deals all branches of education. So if you want to survive in this cruel world then you should get education.

05/13/2015 8:02am

Every day we can start something new. It's great when we have such possibility.

07/27/2015 3:42am

I took the idea to some people much smarter than I when it comes to philanthropic endeavors.

09/01/2015 5:45am

Surely it truly is amazing help your blog. It can be pretty enjoyment to produce the idea when i bought considerable allows this. Many of us amazingly appreciate this world-wide-web owners procedures however will certainly be cautious about additional submit within the way.

09/19/2015 6:31am

I am grateful for the information given.your writing is also very excellent. Thanks for nice post. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work The post is pretty interesting.

11/19/2015 12:14am

Comparative designed for purely employing a several conditions to help you conflict these kinds of, Very well i actually full imagine certainly around of which and also delight in mastering a lot more with this particular issues.

12/02/2015 3:11am

Excellent write-up superb purpose i like people income in addition in truth achieved this less difficult for individuals nearby this problem. Relationship!

12/03/2015 4:14am

The precise skills in addition to the opinions issued on this web site can be significant. Stemless glass might is apparently an expert in addition to located content writer besides reasonable sights. Effective purpose.

12/14/2015 1:00am

Biology Assignment Help Assignment and Online Homework Help Biology Assignment Help Biologists use experimentation and observation in order to develop an understanding about the natural world.

12/14/2015 1:22am

Our website is number 1 in Auditing Assignment Help and Auditing Homework Help. This is preferred destination for various students to get their Audit Projects and Homework Done.

12/14/2015 1:59am

We are number 1 in MathCad help. This is leading website for getting the Mathcad Homework & Assignment help taken from. We also provide Tutors for Mathcad as well as do complete projects of mathcad.

Cost Accounting Assignment Help Homework Help, Cost Accounting Assignment Help Finance Assignment, Cost Accounting Assignment Help Finance Homework and Project of financial management Cost Accounting Assignment Help Accounting is a field that is numerical in nature. The students who study accounting are concerned with the numbers.

12/14/2015 4:47am

We are No. 1 in Electronics Engineering Assignment Help; Hire us for your Electronics Engineering Project and Homework Help.

12/14/2015 6:36am

Scatter Plot Stats Homework, assignment and Project Help, Scatter Plot Assignment Help After mathematics came into being the way people used to handle things changed.

This is the exact extraordinary eye-catching spread. We have been nearly content associated with the beneficial worthwhile function. Anyone decision in fact amazing basics.

01/07/2016 4:44am

Take pleasure in quite a bit suitable for publishing furthermore delivering these types of remarkable distribute. Definitely it can be afterwards eye-catching. I would really like to review varied essentials related to these types of site.

02/03/2016 7:02am

I just ran across your website along with may perhaps are actually intending on put together. However as i thought to be I would alter certainly not this excellent school key sightseeing sites. However as i undoubtedly not necessarily be familiar with just extraordinarily exclusively ahead of purchasing principal characteristics record practical as i include things like savored intending on. Quality web page. The exact examine could possibly be to manipulate protect planing just one more along with your web site frequently.

Well thanks for posting such an outstanding idea. I like this blog & I like the topic and thinking of making it right.

02/18/2016 12:21am

The actual fact is still males and females information is simply first-rate running after many people of times become information. It’s tough as a way to selection an extremely extraordinary on the minimal often, conversely I must situation once i execute experience you’ve nailed strive. Any person generate adequately that may be commonly incredible.

03/11/2016 4:51am

This kind of web site is often a walk-through similar to the specifics a person expected having this sort of in addition to would not review whom to be able to issue. Observe in this article, and you'll without doubt learn the idea.

04/01/2016 3:34am

That is a outstanding dilemma. However most of us savored a very accouterments ton.

04/18/2016 3:59am

Despite the way that when i was held alone non-open which as frequently as could be permitted could study while attempting to discover several hazy home lifts site pick... Shapes an unfathomable overview.. sponsorship doing joined with likewise substitute the most known parts.

05/02/2016 3:09am

Happy. The more noteworthy bit of various individuals considering contained in the thing appropriates associated with destinations contemplating the precise condition besides the collaborator close by various individuals fervently guided that can making a particularly.

05/25/2016 3:34am

At the same time many dearest a remarkably data. It is excellent.

At your present same night out a few to the reason should a few supreme Least troublesome need with respect to creating a radical new really educative site. Commonly showing can Just as you understand avoid both guys AND females hunting expected down information!

06/01/2016 2:23am

Such Stable eye-getting AND information, an amazingly treatments can be positively to a great degree harsh. Ruin a were made thing You could be proficient endeavor, apply for an extremely fascinating date underneath with respect to talking above specifics!

06/03/2016 8:34am

Such shocking realities gives different significant commitment challenges. on the distinctive other hand, That may be the very reality has transformed into these kind of days a couple to consider, beneficial IN ADDITION TO astoundingly handy.

06/16/2016 3:58am

Individuals and the move living system buddy finished conceivable extending getting blocking relating to essentially weight along these lines!

07/02/2016 1:21am

Right now was getting concerned your self alone. You are genuinely situated persuaded in addition to strongly realistic.

My husband or wife and we all severely liked evaluating which will, you are a fantastic document document writer. I want to enhance another person proceed on it's own amazing facts. Involve to be able to position of which write-up you have developed might actually be extremely utilize additional.

08/01/2016 3:23am

Due to the fact humans don't get an amazing night sleep, they are able to awaken mentally and physically distressed. even though one would pick out to ignore the pain and get on with her day by day recurring, the stress will nonetheless reason ache and can even cause arthritis and many different conditions later in lifestyles.

The a terrific pleasure researching people article. The rich in details All of us are trying to find in addition to I enjoy article the actual overview of that "The articles within your article will be awesome" Excellent purpose.

08/02/2016 12:58am

The cool temperature of the water ensures that the frame is kept inside proper limits, so even after a gruelling five mile swim, you experience refreshed and lively as usually. these are just some of the motives why you need to dive in and study swim strokes these days.http://www.strongtesterone.com/xtrcut/

08/03/2016 1:47am

There are distinct styles of medicinal drug that can be taken for heartburn and acid reflux disorder. each one will react in a unique way. their impact on acid reflux disorder varies for every person.

08/03/2016 7:42am

Super-Duper site! Come to pass an additional, We have been in the outstanding permit additionally, Alliance. We have been Indulging to that might!!

08/04/2016 1:08am

Many factors make up melancholy. it isn't a simple prognosis. you need to think about the chemical imbalances inside the mind, genetics, biology or even the surroundings surrounding the man or woman.http://musclegainfast.com/max-synapse/

08/05/2016 1:38am

If you do now not consume regularly enough you may note that the body will now not digest meals effectively. eating often is important to a bodybuilder. you'll see that maximum trainer do endorse that you eat once every three hours and 6 meals according to day is higher than 3.http://musclegainfast.com/fitcrew-usa-tst-1700/

08/06/2016 1:14am

Every stone massage consultation gives a personalized form of carrier to each consumer. each stroke, every rub, and every stone placement is catered to each purchaser.http://www.strongtesterone.com/max-gain-xtreme/

08/08/2016 10:29am

Kitchen cabinet material alternatives will depend strongly on the style of cupboard selected. dark, strong hardwoods like very wellor maple are a high-quality traditional preference, at the same time as lighter substances like least expensive pine or laminate provide a cultured appearance.http://musclegainfast.com/hydro-muscle-max-reviews-uk/

08/08/2016 10:30am

On line buying is getting more famous. more and more people are the use of this shape of purchasing to shop for their goods. on line shopping is speedy turning into the preferred mode of buying. stores all over the world are only a click away.

Within the years prior to the extremely good recession, the alt a mortgages were the most common, and often the perfect and quickest, methods for the self employed sector to cozy domestic loans.http://greentheorygarcinia.com/brisk-body-garcinia-cambogia/

10/28/2016 11:59am

nice info till now

08/10/2016 1:19am

Time is the maximum critical issue in a leap off. you continue to get faults for knocked rails and refusals, however they're delivered into the time as opposed to simply as faults. the quickest time wins the class.

08/11/2016 12:45am

Simply as in real estate the most essential characteristic of a property is region, region, vicinity, for a boomerang own family, the primary c of the c.c. & r s is communique, verbal exchange, communique.

08/12/2016 3:21am

This regulation changed into made in consideration of the kyoto protocol which careworn the need of growing international locations to cut down the excess use of power along with the use of harmful gases inclusive of co2 that can result in excessive poisonous degrees of harmful chemicals inside the surroundings.

08/13/2016 12:39am

The purified extract of the resin of boswelia is extensively-acknowledged in india for its anti-inflammatory and ache relieving houses. boswellic acid prevents positive chemical reactions from occuring within the body that would result in inflammations.

08/16/2016 12:49am

Back pain can affect everybody despite the fact that there are risk elements that growth a person's likelihood of having back issues. if you are a healthy individual, you do now not experience any signs and symptoms of low returned ache until you're for your 1930s or 1940s.http://musclegainfast.com/chamomile-calm/

08/17/2016 1:55am

That's it, simply shifting your legs to propel your frame forward for ten stable minutes, three instances a day. you can do this if you will decide what instances of the day you feel most energized and take gain of these instances.http://boostupmuscles.com/alphadrox-scam-fake/

08/18/2016 1:20am

Health and energy products have a unique patron appeal, so, it's far profitable for beverage purveyors to associate accurate for you and high power with all varieties of liquid concoctions.

08/19/2016 1:28am

This maintains your frame in form and helps boom the movement to the muscle groups and skin of the face. you would possibly want to invite your medical doctor before beginning an exercising habitual.

08/20/2016 2:17am

You furthermore may need to be regular to create an identification precise to you and therefore can t put on a pair of highly-priced italian dress footwear one day and a crappy pair of turn flops the next day. women will actually word your inconsistent appearance on your very own detriment.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/max-antler-pro-scam/

08/22/2016 1:45am

Girls who are correct knowledgeable, self reliant and stand on their personal feet typically have high expectancies from their spouses. and on the alternative side the groom needs quite a few tolerance and adjustable nature to assist her in her career.

08/23/2016 1:50am

Both punch holes within the side so that they match into a looseleaf binder, or slip the pages into web page protectors after attaching the pins to the pages. the sort of looseleaf binder that zips closed is the best to apply for pin amassing.http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/hydro-muscle-max/

08/24/2016 12:54am

Viewing tv on dlp may be better than liquid crystal display in phrases of standard entertainment films, sports, and so forth due to the fact screen size makes up for decrease photo high-quality.

08/25/2016 12:45am

Whilst the reflect is a beneficial tool, be careful of reflect in gyms and food regimen clinics. the trouble with low calorie diets is that the low calorie confined weight-reduction plan could throw the body into starvation mode, with the frame holding onto the fats and the use of precious muscle tissues for energy.

08/25/2016 12:45am

This would then decrease the metabolism causing more muscle loss and whilst the food plan is broken the undesirable fats might no longer most effective return but simply boom due to the reduced metabolism.

08/27/2016 2:22am

Some research have shown that consuming a unique food plan may be your despair cure. high doses of b12 had been experimented with to your despair treatment.http://boostupmuscles.com/tvolve-scam-fake/

08/29/2016 1:50am

kindergarten teachers should have the perfect time in phrases of the knowledge they are teaching but similarly they've the maximum hard time because infants may be very difficult to address.

08/30/2016 1:09am

Ingesting right to lose weight isn't difficult it simply takes a few field and some minor existence modifications. you will want to get out of the habit of ingesting 3 massive meals. this is the first step.

08/31/2016 12:34am

managing the aftermath of a panic attack is not smooth. after this exceptionally demanding episode, it tough to concentrate on whatever but averting a repeat episode.http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/alpha-tren/

08/31/2016 6:36am

newbie beaders will want some essential gear to get began. you want beads, of path, string or twine, pliers, tweezers, cord cutters and crimping equipment.http://free4trial.com/alpha-tren/

09/01/2016 4:56am

Many thanks exclusively for this specific publish. That is certainly almost all When i can easily file. appreciate it.

09/24/2016 2:02am

Very good article. A thing is definitely surprisingly to cardiovascular exercise.

09/27/2016 1:25am

ABSOLUTELY, I am going to write-up one of several back links about a very site across the site.

10/11/2016 7:25am

app

10/11/2016 10:15am

download them

10/12/2016 11:25am

amazing site

10/15/2016 3:44am

check updates

10/17/2016 4:45am

nice one share man

10/17/2016 4:46am

woww nice one share man

10/17/2016 4:46am

hey man nice one share man

10/17/2016 7:00am

play store

12/09/2016 6:20am

AP Eamcet Results 2017

02/16/2017 9:50am

woww nice one man

03/17/2017 9:32am

Hello sir, after I read the article you get to the bottom, It is very interesting to look at, it can provide benefits, and also the lessons, I really like it.