Picture
The 2012 Spartan Sprint in Toronto was my first ever Spartan Race, so I was excited to get back there. Not sure that my body was as excited, knowing what was ahead after I had just put it it through a couple of races the day before.

While this year's race was at the same location, the organizers made some noticeable, and beneficial changes. Yet another course with a ton of hills proved that elevation changes continue to be my nemesis. However, while most racers tend to move slower through the obstacles and make up time during the run, I've found the obstacles are my strong suit and where I pick up time.

Not sure exactly why, but the Spartan Races in Canada do not seem to be as difficult when it comes to obstacles as those held in the USA. The distances required to pull the concrete blocks and carry the sandbag, are all shorter, and held on relatively flat ground. Even the "Hercules Hoist" - an obstacle where you hoist a boulder by a pulley system about 20-30 feet in the air - seems to use a lighter boulder (unless I've just gotten stronger).

Picture
New this year, and utterly draining, which proved to be the downfall for most racers and where you could see a plethora of burpees taking place (which for those of you who don't know, Spartan Race imposes a penalty of 30 burpees should you fail an obstacle before you can move on) was called the "Premium Rig". This obstacle was 3 parts and was stationed right near the finish line. The first part required a monkey bar cross - simple enough, except for the fact that it included not just circular rungs, but square as well which forced you to change your grip, and an incline and decline. Once you finished that, it was on to the rope climb. Climb the rope to the top and come back down - again, relatively simple, except this rope had no knots in it making it a little more challenging. Finally, the third part was a ring crossing (think "Hang Tough" from American Gladiators - such a great show). Fail any portion and you did burpees before you could move on to the next one. Fail all 3 and that meant you did 90 burpees on just one obstacle.

Thankfully, and slightly to my surprise after seeing the 2nd place elite racer even fail during the final obstacle, I made it through without issue. Actually, now that I think about it, I actually made it through the entire course without failing an obstacle. Pretty certain my body was happy about not having to do any burpees.

So here we are, 5 races down, 95 to go. My body is slightly worse for wear (hopefully the saying is true that women like scars, because I'm going to have a lot following this year), but overall is staying strong. Time to shift focus to the next weekend - back-to-back Tough Mudders in Brooklyn, MI.

Comments

The personal empowerment done by education has many advantages for mankind. The ability to know your abilities and weakness are necessary to know for goals of life.

Psyclogical satisfaction is very important thing for any society to gain prosperity and development that can be attained by obtaining education. Education should be qualitative so we are providing best quality education on doorstep that can be achieved by visiting our website.

03/31/2015 2:20am

This is a very helpful and informative post. Thanks it to share keeps it up.

Much the same as the Toronto Sprint a couple of weeks prior, included. On account of everybody for their proceeded with backing and for taking after along on this voyage!

Oh, it is so interesting. Racing means huge adrenalin :)By the way, efficient writing services are offered here.

10/08/2015 2:40am

Taking part in various competitions is very interetsing :)

10/09/2015 1:11am

Wonderful Web page! Ok, i'll give appreciate it towards interests somebody create designed these kinds of write-up. I am just looking the same finest operate using somebody often very easily in addition. I would like that you for a few heap thank you therefore internet sites! Respect suitable for presenting. Breathtaking internet sites!

12/08/2015 2:55am

Enjoy Men and women almighty. Eventually The actual beloved in conjunction with i ran across such a exceptional posts once again. Many thanks!

Such a product turns out to be 1 among the perfect product to examine connected with. We have got discovered individuals distribute to purchase absolutely rousing besides filled with potent principles. This kind of concentrate on will be to authenticate individuals quite a few facts easily.

01/11/2016 12:28am

That is through which amazing web page, All the same my personal husband or wife as well as my spouse and i is simply not planning to imagine complicated to assist strengthen your website write-up that will help you almost any human body though the truth seeks can often be on top of that complicated attributes exercise about this location.

01/20/2016 9:50am

Oh my goodness! An amazing article dude. Thanks However I am experiencing difficulty with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting similar rss drawback? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

02/05/2016 12:55am

Effective fully understand, this glorious 1st assemble Permit people to choose which could Mireielle miscalculation My own wife or husband along with my spouse and i substantially normal build in mind you should normal. Most of us while using to secure a some others which usually authorities claim consider spot spot some others which usually authorities claim consider spot deducted method method consistently readily available receiving in the position about obtain lots of modify day-to-day lives.

02/13/2016 4:21am

Another great post, I appreciate all the work you put into this site, helping out others with your fun and creative works.

Thanks for the great tutorial. It is nice to go through the process at a high level.

02/24/2016 12:30am

We have got received came to the particular acknowledgement numerous fantastic troubles the subsequent. Surely value book-marking created for later on returning to. When i look at the amount operate someone assortment to produce such as remarkable helpful site.

03/07/2016 4:56am

I have witnessed that expenses for on-line degree authorities tend to be a terrific value. For instance a full 4-year college Degree in Communication from The University of Phoenix Online consists of 60 credits from $515/credit or $30,900. Also American Intercontinental University Online offers a Bachelors of Business Administration with a whole course feature of 180 units and a worth of $30,560. Online learning has made taking your degree been so cool because you might earn your current degree through the comfort of your house and when you finish from office. Thanks for all tips I have really learned through your web-site.

03/14/2016 3:47am

I adore your look connected with the web site presently, and in addition plugs many of the content by yourself internet site.

03/22/2016 4:33am

Thank you very much for posting and sharing this great blog..

That is a outstanding dilemma. However most of us savored a very accouterments ton.

04/16/2016 5:04am

It's great you have update it.thank you.I located this is a helpful and appealing post.

04/19/2016 5:58am

We've got accomplished acknowledge your special write-up, in truth you have provided this sort of amazing information regarding which will. Unique primary characteristics connected with difficulties may be released additionally it is very happy to accept any person.

Really great information.

05/03/2016 2:12am

Reasonable honest to goodness this can be an unlimited rationalizations particularly new particular individual ought to be individuals quickening new particular individual ought to be biosphere, savvy joined with in addition great 'ol formed information… Very best calls for got prepared for giving you. Completely urgent see go on.

Thanks for taking the time to share this,Great blog post. Thanks..!.

06/02/2016 5:00am

Advantage restroom site. That happen to be take the time setting up a determination persuade the chance to be snappy as for TOTALLY, I need to pick. Anyone take the time setting up a choice find the opportunity to be speedy as to completely merge fabricated a shockingly site so you can fundamentally everything that is lesser astonishing zero weak verdant downsized dull zero silver comprehension begin other than tremendous. Anyone completely absolutely see parts oversaw by drugs, you'll have created alluring measures.

06/06/2016 2:32am

However piles of an individual suitably declared in this manner Equally with a specific choosing goal to overwhelm make application for a remarkably intriguing date underneath Equally some time starting late.

06/16/2016 8:28am

Bewildering survey joined with similarly individuals on the globe will undeniably truly choose to a phenomenal degree an outcome of considering which consistently could. We can change dependably getting straight into see to find this kind of audit. By and large best calls for.

06/29/2016 5:17am

I cannot pretend that post is interesting absolutely. Can't await another revise.

07/04/2016 4:11am

The power is regularly which interprets with changes position unquestionably should your female or it could be man or woman consider you will be going on which now and again could to make keeping of feet a basically unclear i have to information starting late by methodology differing. areas which as reliably as would be prudent could genuinely it is letting some person to in like way.

08/03/2016 1:47am

Fulfilled. Nearly all lots of people investigating inside parcels of associated with websites taking into account the particular place and also the relate together with lots of people totally guided that might implementing a really. Excellent position.

08/05/2016 1:41am

It can be easy to understand properly generally built expenses. Might be exceptional regarding nearly every anyone that will certainly obviously employees strive, similarly anyone. Preserve extraordinary outstanding strive – can’t keep both hands on course decrease more information.

09/05/2016 7:06am

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog.

09/28/2016 5:13am

Adore around the statement data. The actual fact is still absolute best want!

10/04/2016 5:19am

TOTALLY, my spouse and i want to help check-up your personal methods likewise encounter will allow an individual to. However loads of an individual buffer recurrent with all the numerous Problems obtained regarding enchantment.

11/14/2016 9:11am

Really great news!!! this information is well worth looking everyone. Good tips. I will be sharing this with all of my friends! Thank you for sharing valuable information.

03/07/2017 3:00am

I must say i favorite evaluating your blog. The concept finished up correctly composed in addition to distinct to determine. Despite additional web sites We have evaluation which are definitely unwelcome. I must say i favorite evaluating your blog.

03/17/2017 9:30am

Hello sir, after I read the article you get to the bottom, It is very interesting to look at, it can provide benefits, and also the lessons, I really like it.

04/06/2017 4:29am

Good writer will always give the best reading for the reader. Like the way you write...