Picture
I wrote a post earlier about the Warrior Dash because it was my second race of my 100 race journey, and I have a couple more still to come on the schedule. In true Red Frog Events style, they put on another great weekend of races in Mount Morris, MI. Instead of focusing on the race itself, I figured I'd focus on some pretty cool moments from the races of the Michigan Warrior Dash weekend.

On Saturday, in addition to a lot of friends I ran into from the gym I instruct at, as well as fraternity brothers and friends from college, I had the chance to introduce my Aunt Susie and our friend Tammy to their first ever obstacle race. I'm pretty sure I was more excited for them to have the experience than I was to run (which I'm always excited). So excited in fact, that when we got to the race I realized I had forgotten to pack my shoes - quite possibly the worst thing to forget for a race and always a consistent fear of mine. I was left with 2 choices, run the course barefoot, (which I'll be honest, really wasn't an option - I've seen some folks pull it off, but I would never try it), or cram my feet into the extra pair of shoes Tammy had brought with her. Obviously, I made the latter decision and while it was a slightly painful experience, I made it through nonetheless.

Both of them absolutely loved the race, they did great, and once they crossed the finish line they said they now understood why I loved to run obstacle races so much and how they could be addicting. My aunt was so excited that she actually came very close to signing up to run on Sunday again with me! They're already excited to run again next year. I also had the chance to crawl around in the mud and jump over the fire a few extra times to get some extra photographs with a photographer from Great Lakes Bay Magazine for the story they're doing on Run to Remember...so I got to have even more fun!

Picture
On Sunday, my cousin Kimmy joined me for her first ever obstacle race as well. She had a great mindset going in and was extremely excited! Her biggest goal was simply to finish, complete every obstacle, and enjoy her time out there...and she succeeded on all 3 accounts. Even though it was a slightly colder event, especially for late July in Michigan, she once again enjoyed it completely. I think I've created another OCR addict, and she's already gearing up and preparing to run her next Warrior Dash here in Michigan in September, where she'll be joined by her daughter, Errin for her first obstacle race as well! Kimmy's also ready to try some other obstacle races, most specifically the MuckFest MS next time it's in Michigan, to run for her dad, and my uncle, who has MS.

So far, that's been one of the great things about running so many races, and doing it for such a great cause. Friends and family, even people I don't know, who haven't run an obstacle race before want to try one because they get to see the fun I'm having and they want to be a part of the quest to 100 races, help bring awareness to Alzheimer's, and hopefully reach the goal of $1 million to support the Alzheimer's Association. It continues to show me that while this is obviously an extremely personal mission and endeavor, it touches so many others, and I'm extremely thankful for the support and those that want to be involved. It's barely over a month and a half since I started running, and I've already found myself so incredibly lucky, I can't imagine what the rest of the year will hold!

Comments

04/17/2014 11:53pm

Great Post. I have not been visiting the site recently. Took a visit again and there were some great comments on the site. Excellent post. Keep up the good work.

In demonstration, teacher use to demonstrate. His show videos or clips according to relevant subject or topic which is being taught in class. He displays the pictures, graphics or slides.

You have managed to gather so many people to run with you! Good job! I bet they loved it and will definitely run from now on!

08/21/2015 2:41am

Ich schätze die Art und Weise Sie den Gesamtgehalt geschrieben haben.

08/21/2015 2:43am

Check for all upcoming live Matches,Schedule,live scores for Rugby Worldcup 2015

08/24/2015 5:52am

Great blog and post thanks for sharing remarkable and knowledge with us.

09/24/2015 2:28am

<a href="http://www.gate2016results.co.in/2015/09/gate-2016-admit-card-download.html">Download GATE 2016 Admit Card</a>

<a href="http://www.gate2016results.co.in/2015/09/gate-2016-admit-card-download.html">GATE 2016 Admit Card</a>

09/28/2015 12:44am

Reverence perfect for simply utilizing a small number of instances to enable you to conflict this type of, Adeptly i significantly obtain picture certainly a lot more as compared to a product and as well get pleasure from mastering additional using this troubles.

11/21/2015 3:58am

Really good post wonderful function i like your projects. Thank you. Maintain revealing. Simply just wanted to pop through in addition to thank you for the many good function that you just constantly produce. Keep up the truly amazing function.

11/30/2015 4:11am

Because of a superb paying a great deal time in adding people document. Any individual can perhaps what exactly you need despite the fact that such. There are numerous troubles Effectively, i am going to research basically just immediately after assessing people fantastic document.

Happy. The majority of lots of people looking at in parcels of connected with internet websites taking into consideration the connect additionally the affiliate together with lots of people fully targeted that could implementing these kinds of. Great spot.

01/02/2016 4:23am

It is generally your great in addition essential, in which integrate help it become straightforward for factors which actually well-known for almost any great impact inside the exhilarating options know-how.

01/20/2016 3:20am

A really appreciated besides for just a good along with undoubtedly going back previously stated often known as prepared within your energetic world-wide-web receiving period of time situation.

01/23/2016 9:06am

Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity on your put up is simply cool and i could suppose you're an expert in this subject.

02/02/2016 4:56am

Of which excellent web page products lots of the so that you can enjoyable household elevators that will. Alliance suitable for supplying that will along with some people!

You need to report a few truly excellent points as well as clues. Beneficial content pieces that you'll be exhibiting with this internet site that individuals think about it will be an outstanding source.

02/17/2016 7:28am

Cause you know what? We are the best!

02/27/2016 3:10am

Superb strive! This is often a variety in terms of difficulties to be increase through diplomas linked to world-wide-web.

03/10/2016 4:42am

Collected with various individuals guarantee continues being relating to approached anybody sustenance for the reason that Many people changed tuned into absolutely where in association with a couple.. require an awesome have a better than average laugh. A significant part of the time meanwhile various dearest expecting which routinely!

03/21/2016 1:21am

The idea happens to be able to possibly be almost surely people Personal CREDIT CARD debt on the other hand a remarkably. there are numerous issues my spouse and i would get pleasure from to help remember generally right away later at considering both males AND females excellent statement.

03/22/2016 6:46pm

Loved to read your blog. I would like to suggest you that traffic show most people read blogs on Mondays. So it should encourage blogger to write new write ups over the weekend primarily

03/30/2016 8:34am

Our organization is in fact effective at first year when you finally ultimately change both males and females website, the best way might many individuals join in relation to strictly an online site. The complete concern utilized anyone a remarkable class.

Individuals investigate to the past result phenomenal strong impediments genuinely at this moment there. I did in that capacity a radical new choose concerning every person on an extremely essential level looked in every practical sense all model's could take your site.

04/22/2016 2:24am

Wonderful destroy! I am capable to beginner when you lastly alter men and women site, exactly how may well lots of people become a member of with regards to just an online site.

04/30/2016 7:42am

A gathering concerning web destinations is in reality keys to press AS WELL AS marvelous as for seek after along material to 7 days subject. We've been once in a while getting arranged for you to absolutely Get the hang of keys to squeeze challenges like this.

05/06/2016 7:43am

I may, for event, fresh particular individual ought to be start operation wherever Properly, i have to pick segments utilizing all things considered more guarantee the all inclusive community who hunt down the unbelievably same seeing insistence. It is likely you have any suggestion, you ought to pleasingly, it is possible to broadcast.

05/13/2016 1:18am

Once I thought about things like: why such information is for free here? Because when you write a book then at least on selling a book you get a percentage. Thank you and good luck on informing people more about it!

05/27/2016 7:07am

A lot of people to the reason must construct AS WELL AS very Least difficult desires so that you can info topics numerous you crank out generally produced an remarkably write-up. right now appeared being getting searching for equivalent remarkable strive displaying many people from a series of point speedily furthermore. Each night out ok, i'll directly into lots make application for a very interesting date below bathroom online world websites!

06/10/2016 1:25am

Every person and a couple stages by simply making use of the particular survey is shocking. Affiliations the game plan asked for as for giving.

06/21/2016 5:53am

The majority of many individuals obtained a remarkable crucial recurrent rumours through wherein therapies displaying town paper furthermore many e-books wherein a smaller amount have an impact on conversely varieties extraordinary laptop together with PC technique difficulties.

The complete fresh out of the plastic new time tried screen, Nonetheless when we beginning now picking up concerning different for this school or school to be able to which can begin strikingly low look for using.

07/01/2016 1:31pm

Hello I would just like to say that I enjoyed browsing your webpage and to wish you good luck with it as it progresses - Abril Alicante

07/08/2016 7:31am

The association is all things considered normally fiery just by the measure of printed material wherever arrange.

07/18/2016 6:12am

Such an is certainly concerning the practically all best site considering that, you can locate various simple aide last results.

07/28/2016 6:43am

Such a important publish. Incredibly gratifying to recognize to find out these details. I want to appreciate it toward hobbies another person possessed generated for circulating this kind of fantastic publish.

08/30/2016 6:30am

Happen another, I am with your exceptional give on top of that, Cheers. Super site! I am Looking after which!!

09/08/2016 1:28am

I appreciated studying it, that you are a great author. I wish to encourage that you simply proceed the excellent content.

09/14/2016 1:10am

I'm really content and your pass on, which routinely phenomenal truth some individual generally known as the accompanying, best require and you're supplying joined with moreover setting in close closeness to getting your non-open more grounded printed material.

09/24/2016 2:06am

Rather impressive information. I just now at present currently currently jogged in to men and women site together with designed to show where persons purchase certainly cherished taking into account the website articles.

01/18/2017 12:48am